[Samba] Samba Install/SWAT Access

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Sun Apr 17 20:19:18 GMT 2005

> I'm running FC3, kernel 2.6.9-1.667, with the KDE desktop.  This came
> with Samba v 3.0.11-fc3 bundled.  I've since installed v 3.0.14a.  I'm
> also extremely new to Linux, so please bear with me.

Where did you get your upgrade version??

It sounds like you installed from source, which in an RPM distro is not
the best way to do things.   I won't get into a long discussion on it,
but if you're on a rpm box, use an rpm till you know what you're doing.

If you installed from source, (if you remember running make install)
there should be a make option to back it out, like make uninstall.  You
can build a rpm, which will put the files in all the right places in
your machine with the script at <sourcedir>/packaging/Fedora/makerpms.sh
I believe.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.