[Samba] still ACL bug in 3.0.14a

Stewart, Eric eric at lib.usf.edu
Sun Apr 17 03:42:33 GMT 2005

	If someone has this working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, I'd
like a few pointers.
	I've changed "defaults" in /etc/fstab for the affected partition
to "defaults,acl,user_xattr" and rebooted the box.  I've gone so far as
to make sure all processes were killed, remove the samba sbin, bin, lib,
and include directories, checked to make sure ACL support is being
compiled in (ldd even shows libacl.so.1 linked).  I've even gotten
desperate and and added "delete readonly = yes" and even "nt acl support
= no" (in all sorts of combinations) to the junk share in the config
below, and yet I still get access denied when attempting to delete a
file.  ls -laF shows:

: ls -laF /usr/local/samba/junk
total 5608
drwxrwxr-x    2 bb       mysql        4096 Apr 16 00:44 ./
drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root         4096 Apr 16 23:20 ../
-rwxrw-r--    1 LIB+eric mysql       46080 Mar 31  2000
annualreport99.doc*
-rwxrw-r--    1 LIB+eric mysql     5668947 Mar 25 09:11
HPLJ4250-070323-ILLiad.pdf*

	With the "force group =" set, anyone who qualifies as a valid
user should be able to delete the file.  But I can't.

[global]
   load printers = no
   guest account = nobody
   hosts allow = 131.247.112., 131.247.113.
   workgroup = LIB
   security = domain
   password server = *
   client schannel = no
   encrypt passwords = yes
   local master = no
   os level = 1
   wins server = 131.247.112.6
   server string = LIB208 Samba Test
   preserve case = yes
   invalid users = root mail daemon
   log level = 10
   debug uid = yes
   debug pid = yes
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   share modes = yes
   allow trusted domains = no
   winbind separator = +
   winbind uid = 12500-19999