[Samba] Setting up Winbindd on 3.x

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at aexeous.net
Sat Apr 16 14:50:30 GMT 2005

While I haven't gotten to the part that necessarily pertains to samba, I
figured people on here may have tried to set this up before

I'm trying to connect my freebsd 5.x server to a windows 2003 server.  I
have been using this tutorial

http://oslabs.mikro-net.com/fbsd_samba.html

I've gotten down to the part where I run ldapsearch using SSL/TLS and I
get this

minubian# ldapsearch
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

I can ping the host specificed in ldap.conf and verified that port 636
is open on it

Any help would be appreciated and if you could cc me and the list incase
I miss your message on the list.

Thanks,
David W. Chapman Jr.