[Samba] Unable to join samba server to a NT4 style domain/Sam ba-Guide feedback

Ashutosh Kamdar akamdar at gnsi.com
Sat Apr 16 07:14:42 GMT 2005

John / Jim,

Thanks for the feedback.

It appears that the restrictanonymous setting issue is a known one. Is there a workaround or patch for Samba that does not require the registry changes on the PDC? I would imagine network/system admins would have heartburn making registry changes in the production environment. In my case itself, making this change in the production environment to allow a Samba server to join the domain will invite a load of CRFs and questions.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ash