[Samba] Re: still ACL bug in 3.0.14a

Tom Schaefer tom at umsl.edu
Fri Apr 15 21:43:34 GMT 2005

Solaris guy here.

Since my last posting I HAVE managed to replicate this problem with
3.0.14a on Linux. Red Hat Enterprise Advanced Server version 3 to be
exact.

Although I did not specify --with-acl-support as a configure option.

I have never needed to compile --with-acl-support in order to have Samba
properly make use of the ACLs I've set up.  Actually, that had crossed my
mind ealier today.  I was reasonably sure the configure script picked and
compiled in ACL support automatically on Solaris.

Anyhow, I just got done reconfiguring and compiling on Solaris.  In the
same directory full of Samba 3.0.14a source code that I used this morning.

./configure --sbindir=/usr/local/samba/bin --with-acl-support

I did not do a make dist clean first or anything like that though.  Maybe
I need to do that because what I ended up with STILL has the same problem.

I've got to go.  I'm usually at the daycare loading the kids into the car
at this time of day and thats 12 miles or so from here.

Jeremy, thankyou much for all your hard work and prompt support.

Tom Schaefer