[Samba] still ACL bug in 3.0.14a

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Apr 15 20:51:17 GMT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 01:31:40PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> I'm starting to think this is the cause of the problems for people.
> I can check this by compiling without acl support and seeing if I
> can reproduce the bug.

Yep - confirmed it. For the people who are reporting this bug, you're
failing to add the --with-acl-support when configuring Samba.

I agree this is a change compared to 3.0.11, but is obviously needed when
you're dealing with ACLs. I'll talk with Jerry to see if we can get a
tech note prepared.

Jeremy.