[Samba] still ACL bug in 3.0.14a

Tom Schaefer tom at umsl.edu
Fri Apr 15 19:13:07 GMT 2005

Sigh.  Good catch Peter but I set up my test environment (Sparc Solaris 8,
UFS filesystem) to match what Jeremy used and still have the same
problem.

I set it up like this...

root at huckfinn:/accounts/staff/schaefer/tmp bash# ls -ld crap
d---rwx---+  2 root     root        1024 Apr 15 13:53 crap/

root at huckfinn:/accounts/staff/schaefer/tmp bash# getfacl crap

# file: crap
# owner: root
# group: root
user::---
user:schaefer:rwx               #effective:rwx
group::rwx              #effective:rwx
group:203:rwx           #effective:rwx
group:cfusion:rwx               #effective:rwx
mask:rwx
other:---

User schaefer still can't rename or delete files in the crap directory.

How frustrating.  Jeremy we don't do a lot of Linux around here but yes I
should be able to cobble a test together.

Also, Peter, I know you use Linux and have been seeing these exact same
symptoms, but have you actually tried it against 3.0.14a yet?

Tom Schaefer