[Samba] Upgrading Samba

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Fri Apr 15 19:03:30 GMT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 12:52, Jason Lavetan wrote:
> How easy would it be to upgrade?? Is it a simple matter of overwriting
> files, or is there more involved?
>
> We currently have ver. 2.2.7 and will probably upgrade to 3.0.14a soon...
> We would be compiling from source...

Doesn't anyone read documentation? Sheesh! :-)

Please refer to chapter 8 of the Samba-Guide. It is on-line at:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

This book has very recently been updated. I hope the instructions /
guide-lines are adequately documented. If you find any difficulty please let
me know.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra