[Samba] still ACL bug in 3.0.14a

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Apr 15 19:02:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 08:49:10PM +0200, Peter Kruse wrote:

> >User jeremy can create/delete and modify files from a cmd.exe shell
> >and Windows explorer to his hearts content, no problems.
> >

> The difference is that you gave write permissions to user jeremy.  In
> the other example, permissions are granted _only_ to the group the
> user belongs to.  So you have to remove the user:jeremy:rwx to
> see the bug.

No, makes no difference to me. I can still create/rename/delete from
cmd.exe and explorer with the following permissions on the containing
directory :

# ls -ld crap
d---rwx---+ 2 root root 4096 Apr 15 12:00 crap/

# getfacl crap

# file: crap
# owner: root
# group: root
user::---
group::---
group:jeremy:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

I'm beginning to think this is a Solaris specific problem.

Jeremy.