[Samba] Smbd hangs for users...

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Apr 15 18:30:53 GMT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 07:48:29PM +0200, Anders Trobäck wrote:
> I love to if I just know how, not used to debuging...can you give me a
> hint? Please!

Compile with -g to ensure you have symbols in place. Add the following
line to the smb.conf global section :

panic action = "/bin/sleep 90000"

to catch any panics. If smbd seems to be frozen look for any sleep
processes. If it's not an appears to be spinning, find the processid
of the spinning process and type :

gdb /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd

then "attach <pid>" (of the spinning process), then type "bt" to
get a backtrace to see where the smbd is in the call path.

Good luck !

Jeremy.