[Samba] File listing problems in 3.0.13

Cale Fairchild cale at brocku.ca
Fri Apr 15 17:27:29 GMT 2005

Thanks for another quick response, I have done some poking in the code and
found that the cause of the problem for the missing file is that in the
function get_lanman2_dir_entry in trans2.c, dname returns false on the last
entry of the directory. I also noticed that where changes in the assignment of
dname between 11 and 12

< trans2.c.3.0.11
> trans2.c.3.0.12
---
< 		prev_dirpos = TellDir(conn->dirptr);
< 		dname = ReadDirName(conn->dirptr);
---
>               long curr_dirpos = prev_dirpos = dptr_TellDir(conn->dirptr);
>               dname = dptr_ReadDirName(conn->dirptr,&curr_dirpos,&sbuf);

 		if (!dname)
 			return(False)

I am going to try and track it down further but I am wondering if this
triggers any thoughts.

Another thing that I notice in the code is that I get messages such as:

get_lanman2_dir_entry:readdir on dirptr 0x10425968 now at offset -183597246

in the logs, the offset grows through the positive numbers and then it prints
negative from high to low (long int overflow) yet the files seem to be shown.
However the last entry printed is very close to -1 again (possible overflow of
unsigned long?)

Sorry to bother you about this again but I don't really know how to approach
SGI with this since I don't know how to describe the problem to them so that
they understand it and I get differing results with the same OS and the same
compilers.

   Cale Fairchild
   Systems Administrator
   Computer Science