[Samba] ACL and delete files

Peter Kruse pk at q-leap.com
Fri Apr 15 10:15:26 GMT 2005

Hello,

Jacob Nielsen wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I have the same problem with my Samba-3.0.13. This problem started after
> upgrading from 3.0.11.
>
> I have a rather huge fileserver with 300.000+ files, so this is kindda a
> big issue for me.
>
> Problem is when rename/deleting files, which is basicly not possible.
> Copying a new file to the same directory is not a problem. Not
> changeable thou. If you open the file in an editor and save it, it's not
> a problem either. Very strange.

Thanks for sharing this.  I can confirm that this problem exists in
3.0.13.  There has been a bug report #2521 which was closed although
there was still one report saying the bug still was there.
I have several reports of this same behaviour: creating of files work
but modify/delete doesn't.  Is it true the the directory in question
does not give write permission to the user account but only the
group the user belongs to?

Regards,

	Peter