[Samba] ntlm_auth / winbind problem

Sylvain Clerc sylv1clerc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:52:56 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I'm sorry if my question doesn't match to this list but I don't know
where I can find an answer.

To resume my situation, I'm using samba and more particularly
ntlm_auth to ask an active directory database from my radius server.

I arrived to authenticate a user yesterday but I can't today and I
find it's due to the ntlm_auth .

I try only the ntlm_auth commands and I've this result:

ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --username=xxx --domain=xxx –password=xxx

could not obtain winbind separator !
Reading winbind reply failed ! (0x01)
:   (0x0)

I really don't know what and how do to correct this error because I
don't modify anything in samba or winbind and the ntlm_auth command
worked before.

Thank you,
sylvain clerc.