[Samba] problem in sharing printer with windows clients

ankush grover ankushmailing at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:37:41 GMT 2005

Hey Friends,

I have configured a Printer HP Laserjet 1010 on FC3.I have mixture of
clients windows XP Pro and Linux clients(FC3 & Debain).I am using IPP
Cups as queue type.

I have made changes in the cupsd.conf ,mime.convs and in mime.types.

Now the problem I am facing is that I am able to print from one
computer int he network in case of Windows XP but not from other
windows clients.I am not able to know the problem why it is happening
so.

Moreover I am adminstrate the printer through browser I can go to the
printer wizard through the url but whenever I try to access the
printer it says " You don't have permission to access the resource on
this server".

Can anyone tell me how to solve these 2 problems.

I am attaching my smb.conf , cupsd.conf file with this email.Please
have a look at those files.

My samba is working as BDC and also as Fileserver for my domain.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover