[Samba] Help with user/domain Management fm Windows side

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed Apr 13 22:08:21 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 14:32, Jim C. wrote:
> Back-end is LDAP.
>
> What are some good techniques for Domain management from the windows
> side? I've got usermgr.exe and svrmgr.exe but:
>
> 1. I don't know what functions these tools are or are not supposed to be
> able to perform on a Samba domain as yet.
> 2. I can delete users but I cannot seem to add them or modify them.

You seem to be using a very old version of the smbldap-tools. What version are
you using?

What version of Samba are you running?

Have you read the "Samba-3 by Example" book? You can download it from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

In particular refer to chapter 6.

- John T.

--