[Samba] error executing the smbclient

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Wed Apr 13 18:27:17 GMT 2005

ons, 13.04.2005 kl. 19.42 skrev Fabian Bustamante:

> I have this error executing the smbclient program on a SCO Unix Open Server 5.0.2 :

This is an historic OS. It goes back at least to Windows 3.1 time, long
before NT4. It's good for Windows for Workgroups. Use the included
VisionFS CD, go thenceforth and be happy. Do not expect domain support,

Jees, this takes me back to 1997 and before ...

> dynamic linker : smbclient : error opening /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so.4
> Killed

I checked it, but I don't have any library with that name.

> What can I do?

Then you have to do an install of /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so.4. Dunno
how any more, this was 8 years ago.

Forget Samba on SCO Opensrver 5.0.2. At least upgrade to 5.0.6/7 to see
what that has to offer. Even then, it will be utter shit. It won't have
any useful LDAP or SQL support.

Or join the SCO usenet newsgroup (IIRC comp.unix.misc.sco) and ask
there, maybe JPR (bless him) has something for you. Otherwise,
concentrate on VisionFS without domain support..

Best,

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...