[Samba] NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD with multiple concurrent connects from same IP Address.

David Girard DGirard at lason.com
Tue Apr 12 16:56:24 GMT 2005

OK, I have applied the "use spnego=no" and it seems to have resolved the problem...

Could you describe what this setting is doing?...I haven't been able to find any reference to this setting other than your previous posts telling people to use it...

I need to understand if there are security or performance implications to this setting.

Thanks very much for the assistance with this!...We've been beating our heads on this problem for weeks...Can I paypal you a few $$'s for a frosty beverage of  your choice in thanks?

-David

>>> "David Girard" <dgirard at lason.com> 4/10/2005 5:34 AM >>>
Andrew:

These connections almost certainly occur on the same TCP/IP socket...I can confirm with a sniffer on Monday if it helps...

I will try the spnego=no and see what happens.

For more details, my original post was:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-April/103115.html

Thanks for your help!
David

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 11:23 -0400, David Girard wrote:
> We are having a problem with SAMBA v 3.0.13 on Linux where a windows client
> (single IP address) makes multiple connections at the same time
> (different processes) to copy files onto our SAMBA server.  As many as 20
> simultaneous connections/file transfers may be occurring from the
> same client IP address.

> Any Ideas what may be happening?...or what we could look at next to
> try to resolve this problem?

Any idea if all these connections occur on the same TCP/IP socket?  I
suspect that the issue is the way the NTLMSSP logins occur - we may well
have the negotiations overlap.

Try 'use spnego = no' on the server, and see if that helps.  I'm trying
to solve this properly with Samba4, correctly handling the state rather
than using various global variables...

Andrew Bartlett