[Samba] File locks db (manually removing locks)

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Tue Apr 12 12:11:59 GMT 2005

Okay, but then if the process signals back that is in fact not there, why
then do the locks remain? I killed all smbd processes last night, and
restarted samba alltogether before I went home. Upon running an smbstatus
when I got in this morning, there are still a bunch of locks present for
PIDs no longer running, some as old as April 1st still.

Is there any utility to manually manipulate the db file these locks are
stored in; or will simply deleting the db file after stopping all samba
processes, allow the new instance to create a fresh (empty) database? - How
do we remove the locks marked as present which really aren't?

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com
Windsor Match Plate & Tool Ltd.