[Samba] PDC Shows up as a domain

Charles McLaughlin cmclaughlin at ucdavis.edu
Mon Apr 11 20:13:22 GMT 2005

Hello,

My Samba server acting as a PDC shows up as an empty domain on my
Windows clients under "My Network Places".

My PDC is called "PDC" and my domain is called "SOC".  I see PDC and SOC
in "My Network Places".

Another strange problem is when I use the Windows Server Manager tool
from servtools.exe, it says "Cannot find the Primary DC for PDC".  Why
is it looking for the PDC and not the Domain?

My settings are below in case that helps.

Thanks,
Charles

---------------

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = SOC
         passdb backend = tdbsam
         passwd chat = *New*Password* %n\n*Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
         username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
         log level = 2
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m
         max log size = 50
         name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
         time server = Yes
         add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m '%u'
         delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'
         add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'
         delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'
         add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G '%g' '%u'
         add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d
/var/lib/nobody '%u'
         logon path =
         logon home =
         domain logons = Yes