[Samba] NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD with multiple concurrent connects from same IP Address.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 11 20:07:46 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 16:51 +0100, Blane Bramble wrote:

> Replying to myself... would it be possible to use the existing OPLOCK
> based queueing code to make force an authorisation request into the
> pending queue if another auth request is still being processed?

I would prefer just to correctly handle the multiple outstanding
authentication requests.  But this is only an issue if 'use spnego =
yes', as otherwise authentication occurs on a single packet context, and
should already handle a 'backlog'.  (As is seen when people do things
like aim the squid smb-based ntlm helpers at us, with 1000's of session
setups...).

In any case, I'm looking to write a torture test for Samba4, to recreate
the issue there, and from those results we might be able to fix 3.0 (it
is harder to do in 3.0 than in 4, due to more complex code).

Andrew Bartlett