[Samba] NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD with multiple concurrent connects from same IP Address.

Blane Bramble blane at dialmediagroup.com
Mon Apr 11 14:35:45 GMT 2005

> On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 11:23 -0400, David Girard wrote:
> > We are having a problem with SAMBA v 3.0.13 on Linux where a windows
> client
> > (single IP address) makes multiple connections at the same time
> > (different processes) to copy files onto our SAMBA server.  As many
> as 20
> > simultaneous connections/file transfers may be occurring from the
> > same client IP address.
>
> > Any Ideas what may be happening?...or what we could look at next to
> > try to resolve this problem?
>
> Any idea if all these connections occur on the same TCP/IP socket?  I
> suspect that the issue is the way the NTLMSSP logins occur - we may
> well
> have the negotiations overlap.
>
> Try 'use spnego = no' on the server, and see if that helps.  I'm
> trying
> to solve this properly with Samba4, correctly handling the state
> rather
> than using various global variables...
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hi, this sounds very much like the problem we are experiencing with W2k
web edition connected to a Samba server - each site runs on it's own UNC
share with it's own user and password, and periodically fails with the
NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD error. Definitely going to be the same IP,
presumably the same socket. Unfortunately "use spnego = no" does not
seem to have made much difference, so any other suggestions would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Blane.