[Samba] Can't log in, but logs say auth succeeded?

Ben Davis ben at xsusio.com
Sun Apr 10 21:57:21 GMT 2005

*sigh*  I hate it when I finally answer my own question _right_ after
posting to the list...   I figured out that the reason I was getting
this error was because my SIDs for my users did not contain the value
of  "net getlocalsid".. must have been an old SID.  Is there an easy way
to update the SIDs of all my users? maybe I'll just write a script...
Anyways, it works now :-)   now onto the more complex stuff :-P