[Samba] Database Problems

Tom Skeren tms3 at fsklaw.com
Fri Apr 8 20:10:23 GMT 2005

I have a billing database that runs on a Faircom engine.  I had set
things up initially with users accessing files in this directory with
their user accounts.  However, only one person could enter data at a
time.  I then created a seperate share for this directory and did a
force user= on it.  I had thought that this worked, but of course users
never bothered to tell me that after a short period of time the problem
reemerged.  I'm wondering what other tricks I might use here to eleviate
this problem.

The server is a LDAP PDC running 3.0.10.  smb.conf.  Tabs3 is the
database directory

global]
        workgroup = FSKS
        server string = Camarillo
        interfaces =
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://
        log file = /usr/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        acl compatibility = win2k
    map acl inherit = Yes
        server signing = auto
        add user script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m '%u'
        delete user script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-userdel.pl '%u'
        add group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl -p '%g'
        delete group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupdel.pl '%g'
        add user to group script =
/var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -m '%u' '%g'
        delete user from group script =
/var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -x '%u' '%g'
        set primary group script =
/var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-usermod.pl -g '%g' '%u'
        add machine script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w '%u'
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 33
        lm interval = 5
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins server =
        lock spin count = 4
        ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=fsklaw,dc=com
        ldap filter = (&(uid=%u)(objectclass=posixAccount))
        ldap group suffix = ou=groups
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap machine suffix = ou=computers
        ldap suffix = dc=fsklaw,dc=com
        ldap user suffix = ou=users
        idmap backend = ldap:ldap://
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        admin users = tms3
        inherit permissions = Yes
        inherit acls = Yes
        write cache size = 262144
        dos filemode = Yes
        dos filetimes = Yes

[camarillo]
        path = /usr/home/camarillo
        read only = No
        create mask = 0777
        force create mode = 0777
        force directory mode = 0777
        guest ok = Yes

[www]
        path = /usr/local/www
        valid users = root
        read only = No

[Profiles]
        path = /usr/home/camarillo/open/Profiles
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes
        profile acls = Yes
        hide files = /desktop.ini/

[tabs3]
        path = /usr/home/camarillo/open/STI_Remote
        force user = root
        read only = No
        create mask = 0740
        force create mode = 0740
        force directory mode = 0740
        directory security mask = 0740
        guest ok = Yes
        veto oplock files = rmtfee.dat, rmtfee.idx