[Samba] Custom Hidden Files?

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Fri Apr 8 17:05:35 GMT 2005

fre, 08.04.2005 kl. 17.41 skrev Franco "Sensei"

[...]

> > hide dot files ... but some of those files will probably be directories
> > which your users might want..
>
> My purpose is giving on every platform the same home direcory. Relying
> on afs, kerberos and ldap every os other than windows can have the same
> things.
>
> Now I'm finding a way to have the same things on ms products (2000 and
> later).

This will probably get you into all kinds of shit (learn Windows and
NTFS to find out why). However, if that's what you want, you go ahead,
find out for yourself ;)

My advice is to keep Unix and Windows (Samba) home and other directories
completely apart from each other.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...