[Samba] Samba 3.10 and higher

Willem Jaap Zwart W.J.Zwart at NescioLudens.nl
Fri Apr 8 14:55:21 GMT 2005

Hi

We noticed this as well.

This is because ultraedit effectively moves the original file to the
bak file first and then create a NEW file (with indeed the rights of
the current user).
Because of the group writable bit this is completely legal.

The only thing you can do is remove the group writable bit, but then
users in the same group can not edit each other files.
I consider this more a bug in UltraEdit (it should create a new bak
file iso moving the original file)

kind regards

Willem Jaap