[Samba] Noob having troubles with slapd-populate authentication

Chris Weiss cweiss at casadelove.com
Thu Apr 7 19:50:10 GMT 2005

Not really sure what version it was - it was part of the Fedora install,
apparently and sat in /usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.10/LDAP/smbldap-tools/.

In any case, I found the solution to my problem - apparenly I did not
have the authentication options in /etc/ldap.conf set up (was confused
by the presence of /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/openldap/ldap.conf).

Additionally, I needed to install RPMs for the following:

perl-Crypt-SmbHash-0.02-8.i386
smbldap-tools-0.8.8-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Authen-SASL-2.08-1.1.fc3.rf.noarch.rpm
perl-IO-Socket-SSL-0.96-1.1.fc3.rf.noarch.rpm

Now things seem to work fine....