[Samba] Listing all users in a remote Samba server

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Apr 7 18:27:45 GMT 2005

> I'm trying to develop a service for retrieving the entire user list of
> a remote samba server. The expected result is the same expected from
> the use of the samba command:
>
> net rpc user

Depending on your backend, there's several ways to go about it,
including querying LDAP for the entries with an appropriate filter and
parsing the smbpasswd file.  I believe you could also get some info out
of pdbedit, but that could be a bit tedious.

What is your backend?

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.