[Samba] Re: extd_audit log output and documentation

Marco De Vitis starless at spin.it
Thu Apr 7 09:02:42 GMT 2005

Il 07/04/2005, alle ore 9:20, John H Terpstra ha scritto:

> I would much appreciate if you could provide a documentation update. I am
> bogged down with other priorities right now. If you can not provide a
> detailed documentation update this will have to wait for several months
> before I can even think of looking at this.

Hi John, actually I didn't expect the problem to be in the documentation,
but rather in extd_audit behaviour. I recall you telling that someone
changed the VFS module behaviour after you wrote the doc, without
notifying you.

So I'd change the question to: is extd_audit ok as it is now, or does it
need to be fixed?
What the doc says seems to be a reasonable behaviour for extd_audit.

Otherwise, I sincerely would have no idea where to start updating the
documentations, because do not know how extd_audit works in first place.
Good documentation cannot be written by trial and error. :-/

Who is the developer of extd_audit? Can he be reached and asked for
details?

--
Ciao,
  Marco.

..."The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway", Genesis (1974)