[Samba] Domain Root Password

Gerald Cenir gcenir at globalsources.com
Thu Apr 7 06:49:27 GMT 2005

Executing smbpasswd -a root result in this message:

[root at isla root]# smbpasswd -a root
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
ldapsam_modify_entry: LDAP Password could not be changed for user root: Object class violation
        entry modify failed
ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid = root (dn = uid=root,ou=Users,dc=company,dc=com)
Failed to add entry for user root.
Failed to modify password entry for user root

There is an Administrator user however. But my machine still can't join the domain when I use the Administrator user.

Regards,