[Samba] Samba 3.0.13 and deleting files

Stewart, Eric eric at lib.usf.edu
Wed Apr 6 21:40:56 GMT 2005

	I haven't seen a solution yet, but here's what I'm running into:

3.0.13 with Winbind on Redhat Enterprise Linux 3, compiled with
--with-pam as well as attempts with that and --with-acl-support - note
that though the samba server is a member of a 2003 AD but not using "net
ads" but "net rpc", everything works as desired on 3.0.11 (which I went
back to to get this working)

	I can create a file on a drive mapped to a samba share just
fine, but when I try to delete that file, Windows (in the case I witness
directly, Server 2003) reports "Cannot delete <filename minus
extension>: Access is denied".  Relevant smb.conf areas follows:

[global]
   load printers = no
   guest account = nobody
   hosts allow = <SOME IP RANGES>
   workgroup = <MYDOMAIN>
   security = domain
#    password server = *
   password server = <MY "PDC" SERVER>
# The above change is due to issues with 2003 SP1 - see my earlier email
   encrypt passwords = yes
   local master = no
   os level = 1
   wins server = <MY WINS SERVER>
   preserve case = yes
   invalid users = root mail daemon
   log level = 0    # I occasionally up the log level a bit
   debug uid = yes
   debug pid = yes
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   share modes = yes
   allow trusted domains = no
   winbind separator = +
   winbind uid = 12500-19999
   winbind gid = 12500-19999
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   winbind use default domain = no
   template homedir = /dev/null

[ASHARE]
   comment = A COMMENT
   browseable = yes
   force create mode = 0664
   force directory mode = 0775
   force group = <A UNIX GROUP>
   follow symlinks = no
   path = <THE PATH>
   valid users = <SOME USERS AS ENUMERATED BY WINBIND>
   read only = no

Eric Stewart - Network Admin, USF Tampa Library - eric at lib.usf.edu
Managing sysadmins is like leading a neighborhood gang of neurotic pumas
       on jet-powered hoverbikes with nasty smack habits and opposable
       thumbs. - Feen, Benjy: Pumas on Hoverbikes: Sysadmin Management,
       http://www.monkeybagel.com/pumas.html