[Samba] Windows Server 2003 SP 1

Stewart, Eric eric at lib.usf.edu
Wed Apr 6 21:29:12 GMT 2005

	Samba 3.0.11 with Winbind running on Redhat Enterprise Linux 3,
compiled with --with-pam (possibly another argument that I can't
remember at this second).

	I applied it to my DC that is playing the PDC role today and all
of a sudden Winbind could not enumerate any Active Directory
information.  Mind you, I'm not joined to the domain using Kerberos/ADS;
the libs that come with RHEL3 are slightly out of date for Kerberos.
RPC was working fine, and appears to work when the PDC role is moved to
a 2003 DC that does not have SP 1 (however, I ran into other issues that
will be dealt with in later messages - note that this issue does seem to
rear it's ugly head even with 3.0.13, so yes, I did try upgrading
Samba).
	Now, this isn't so much a cry for help, as, in the long run, I
plan on upgrading (along with a hardware upgrade) to Redhat Enterprise
Linux 4, which has more up to date Kerberos libs (as I'm guessing it
could be a "security feature" in SP1), so that I can have my Samba
server "more properly" a member of the ADS.  But if anyone knows what's
up, or is willing to ask for more info (I might be able to provide it),
well, go ahead and ask.

Eric Stewart - Network Admin, USF Tampa Library - eric at lib.usf.edu
Managing sysadmins is like leading a neighborhood gang of neurotic pumas
       on jet-powered hoverbikes with nasty smack habits and opposable
       thumbs. - Feen, Benjy: Pumas on Hoverbikes: Sysadmin Management,
       http://www.monkeybagel.com/pumas.html