[Samba] givenname and email address with smbldap-tools

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Wed Apr 6 09:22:58 GMT 2005

ons, 06.04.2005 kl. 10.45 skrev Jonathan Salomon:

> I have setup samba / openldap as describes by the idealx howto and as
> such I am using the smbldap-tools. However, I would like to add the
> givenname and email address fields for all users. What is the best way
> to do this? I would prefer continuing to use the smbldap-tools, but I
> cannot seem to find a good way to do this. When I try to: $
> smbldap-usermod -M testuser at testdomain.net testuser
> I get: failed to modify entry: mailLocalAddress: attribute type
> undefined at /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod line 470, <DATA> line 283.
> And what fields are normally used for the full name within this
> smbldap-tools scope? How do people cope with additional/custom field
> that are not supported by the smbldap-tools?

You should modify slapd.conf (if you're using OpenLDAP) to include
misc.schema in addition to whatever schemas you're already including. If
it's not OpenLDAP, you should include the appropriate configuration file
for the relevant DSA. You can see which schemas have which objectClasses
and attributes simply by grepping in the schema directory.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...