[Samba] Windows XP & 2000 users cannot login to Samba PDC

Lokesh S lokpry at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 06:44:47 GMT 2005

Hai,

     we are using Suse linux 8 Standard Server for PDC. Our Samba Version is 2.2.5. Past 10Months it's working good and i can login in from Windows 98,ME,XP,2000. But last month suddenly Windows XP & 2000 users cannot connect to samba PDC with Domain Login. While Joining the Samba PDC Domain there is no problem, I can get the "welcome to domain". But While login to the domain it's saying "Domain Controller may be down or domain account for the computer does not exist". Manually i added the computer name to the domain account using smbpasswd -a -m <computername>$. But i cannot login from XP & 2000 Pcs. Please give me a technical support to login our windows xp & 2000 users to Samba Domain. Here i attached the our smb.conf file also.

Thanks
Lokesh

 Yahoo! Messenger
- Log on with your mobile phone!