[Samba] 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Samba

AndyLiebman at aol.com AndyLiebman at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 01:40:47 GMT 2005

Do anyone have any experience using 10 Gigabit  Ethernet connections with
Samba? Specifically, if you have had such an  experience, can you share what
sorts of optimizations you made to get the  maximum data transfer between server
and workstation?

I am just  experimenting with this kind of setup myself and I see a huge GULF
between the  raw TCP/IP transfers that I can make between two machines and
the speeds I get  when Samba is in the middle. I just have a gut feeling that
Samba buffers are  not optimized for the quantity of data of speed of transfer.

Perhaps a  knowledgeable individual could suggest some Samba variables that
might be tuned  -- in which direction, and why?

Regards,
Andy Liebman