[Samba] ACL and delete files

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Tue Apr 5 13:12:53 GMT 2005

tir, 05.04.2005 kl. 14.22 skrev Ivan Novosad:

> I have samba-3.0.13 on linux machine compiled with these parameters:
>
> --prefix=/usr/local/samba-3.0.13
> --enable-cups
> --with-ldap
> --with-ldapsam
> --with-acl-support
> --with-quotas
>
> In smb.conf I defined share :
>
> [POBOX]
>      comment = !
>      path = /data/disk1/pobox
>      guest ok = no
>      writable = yes
>      directory mask = 0777
>      force directory mode = 0000
>      directory security mask =  0000

Take this line out, restart/reload smbd. The others are only defaults,
anyway. Check 'man smb.conf' or SWAT's help to see why.

I've found out it's a good thing to start with defaults (i.e. no
parameter set in smb.conf) and then play around with parameters once
things are all working.

>      force directory security mode = 0000
>      inherit acls = yes

[...]

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...