[Samba] Re: WIN2K with SP4 unab;e to save profiles on a Samba PDC

GLOWFRIEND glowfriend at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:54:13 GMT 2005

Thanx so much for the pointers..

Just for the sake of completing the issue, I did what was told and the
problem vanished. but to my surprise, even Win2K with SP2 was had
problems with profiles. I did as I did in Win2k SP4 and the problem was
solved.

But to be doubly sure, just wanted to put this question in general,
that is this problem well documented in samba docs, (I did not find it)
as many PDC admins will be facing this problem.

One more thing noticed was that only the Administrator user was unable
to save the profiles, all other users were being able to save and read
there profiles well. After changing the regs as suggested everything
was working as usual...

regards