[Samba] Speed problems after an upgrade to 3.0.10

Arnaud Goulois agoulois at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:29:25 GMT 2005

Hello,

Since an upgrade of Samba to 3.0.10 two weeks ago, i've got some speed
transfer problems. I have a Debian server with Samba 3.0.10 and a
client with Win XP SP2 (both are plugged on a 100Mbps switch). When I
transfer file from the server to the client transfer rate seems to be
okay but sometimes et falls down (which causes freezes when i'm
reading music or watching movies) but the worst is when I try to
upload files from the xp client to the samba server, it takes 30min to
transfer 300MB!!!
I have try everything I found on the net. I've try all possibility for
'socket options' on smb.conf but no one has worked :'(
I also tried to downgrade (to 3.0.8, 3.0.7, 3.0.6 and 3.0.5) but this
didn't fix my problem
I don't think it's a network problem because FTP works perfectly
between theses two machines...
I put my smb.conf at the end...

Thanks for your help

Arnaud

PS : sorry for my bad english... i'm french :)

[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
netbios name = TSIXSRV
server string = Serveur de la maison
map to guest = Bad User
password server =
username map = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
password level = 4
username level = 4
log level = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
oplocks = no
max log size = 50
printcap name = cups
logon script = \\serveur\%u