[Samba] strange password problem

samuele enlargeyourlinux at yahoo.it
Tue Apr 5 06:55:53 GMT 2005

We have a samba3 domain with nt4, 2000 and xp workstation. We are
experiecing a strange problem when the user password expires. When a
user is forced to change the domain's password, he must re-insert the
email account (pop3 and imap) password in outlook. The mailboxes are on
a qmail+vpopmail server. This strange behaviour occours only with
windowsXp and office 2003. With windows2k and office 2003 there are no
problem. If the user change the password by himself before password
expires  there are no problems too. I don't know if it's a samba and
windows xp interaction problem or a "security feature", but i need to
fix it.

Thanks in advance,
regards
      Samuele