[Samba] Unix-password-sync in LDAP?

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon Apr 4 20:09:18 GMT 2005

man, 04.04.2005 kl. 19.34 skrev Matthias Spork:

> how can I change the user-passwords correctly in my OpenLDAP during
> Windows-password-change?
> My problem: The script does only change "userPassword", but not the
> field "shadowLastChange", so my unix-passwords
> expired.

shadowLastChange (a specific LDAP attribute for objectClass
shadowAccount  that doesn't have to be there at all) has nothing to do
with Samba or Windows.

> unix password sync = yes

userPassword is an LDAP attribute for objectClass posixAccount that
*does* have to be there for Samba.  "unix password sync = yes" applies
to posixAccount, not to shadowAccount.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...