[Samba] No smb.conf file !

Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be
Mon Apr 4 10:51:52 GMT 2005

Well... on the bright side : there can't be any errors in it then  :-) :-)

Silly, joke; but I couldn't resist.

I would just start my own; there are lots of 'basic' examples on the web.

http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&q=sample+samba+config+file&btnG=Google+zoeken&meta=

should get you well on your way.

Kind regards,

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office
Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel
Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be
http://www.mobileware.be
u r lame if u insist on trying 2 b l337 by abbrev evythng u type when
asking ppl 4 hlp. kiddie speak is teh sux. ppl. plz stop teh kiddie speak.
thx.
hint: aol kiddie speak is not cool, it just makes people not want to read
your post.

Bahya NASSR EDDINE <bahya_nassr at yahoo.fr>
Sent by: samba-bounces+bdr=peopleware.be at lists.samba.org
04/04/2005 12:40

José Luis Ledesma <jledesma at competitiveness.com>, samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
RE: [Samba] No smb.conf file !

I've already run find command, but no smb.conf file
was found.
It should normally exist on /etc/samba or
/usr/local/samba/lib directories. This is not the
case!

Kind regards

--- José Luis Ledesma <jledesma at competitiveness.com>