[Samba] nvidia service and profiles not updating

Rainer Traut tr.ml at gmx.de
Mon Apr 4 08:21:22 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am new to the list so please excuse if this has come up recently.

I can reliably reproduce the problem with having the nvidia service
enabled on startup, which comes with their drivers as default active,
stops my machines from having access to their roaming profiles.

The problem is described here:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-April/084023.html

This is a very recent driver (75.90) and Windows XP with SP2.
Samba is Redhat EL4 version 3.0.10 with domain logons enabled.

Evrerything works fine if the service is disabled at startup so
I omit my smb.conf.

Question is, is there a solution to have this service enabled?

Thanks
Rainer