[Samba] RE: Smbd 3.0.13 dies when smb.conf has winbind separator = \

Greg Scott GregScott at InfraSupport.com
Sun Apr 3 19:28:27 GMT 2005

With help from Doug VanLeuven I think we fixed the problem.  The whole
bit with the backslash was a dead-end.  Doug sent over this script that
puts the libnss_winbind.so and libnss_wins.so libraries where they
belong and sets up working symlinks.  The documentation for moving the
libraries in section 22.5.3.1 of the Samba-HOWTO-Collection is wrong.
Use Doug's script instead:

I think I still have some Kerberos work to do, but now I can open the
shares on this system from a Windows box.

My next challenge is squid authentication (sigh) . . .

- Greg

#!/bin/sh

# Save this script some place convenient.
# cd /usr/src/samba-3.0.13/source and run this script from there.

echo "Copying nsswitch modules to system library"

CWD=`pwd`

cd /lib
rm -f libnss_winbind.so libnss_winbind.so.1 libnss_winbind.so.2
rm -f libnss_wins.so libnss_wins.so.1 libnss_wins.so.2
cd /usr/lib
rm -f libnss_winbind.so libnss_wins.so

cd $CWD
cp -f nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so /lib
cp -f nsswitch/libnss_wins.so /lib

cd /lib
ln -sf libnss_winbind.so libnss_winbind.so.1
ln -sf libnss_winbind.so libnss_winbind.so.2
ln -sf libnss_wins.so libnss_wins.so.1
ln -sf libnss_wins.so libnss_wins.so.2

cd /usr/lib
ln -sf ../../lib/libnss_winbind.so libnss_winbind.so
ln -sf ../../lib/libnss_wins.so libnss_wins.so

/sbin/ldconfig