[Samba] Samba 3.0.13 DFS problem

Johan Coenen johan.coenen at aiv.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Apr 1 14:12:05 GMT 2005

Hi,

After upgrading Samba to version 3.0.13, we had the following problem
wit our DFS root share:

 From WinXP SP2 clients, we were unable to open *.exe en *.htm(l) files
by browsing through our DFS tree. We had no problems with *.doc and
*.xls files.

Error messages:
"cannot find file ..." for htm files
"cannot get acces to the device, path or file..." for .exe files.

Files couldn't be opened by directly clicking on them, nor by going
through file -> open -> browse ...

On Win2k clients everything worked fine. I didn't test WinXP SP1.

Downgrading back to version 3.0.11 solved the problem.
Our server is running RH ES 3 with the latest updates

Regards,
Johan