[Samba] How to prevent creation of user profiles which they don't logon locally

Collen collen at zeist.hermanjordan.nl
Fri Apr 1 13:44:44 GMT 2005

Hello,

there might be several reasons for the fact that home dir's get created.
with the 'template homedir = /home/%D/%u' you can direct
a domain user's home dir to a specific place.
you could try to set it to an allround dir ea. 'template homedir = /tmp'

I'm not sure if samba/winbind create the actualy dir it self.!
it could also be the PAM module that create a homedir
(ea. pam_mkhomedir.so) you have to check that..

Good luck with it..
Collen.