[Samba] ntlm_auth, samba PDC

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Fri Apr 1 04:40:38 GMT 2005

Hello!

I want to provide ntlm authentification for my squid proxy users :-)
I have only samba PDCs.

But looks like winbind still doesn't work against samba PDC or I did
something wrong:

gopher:~ # wbinfo -a user0%user0
plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO (0xc00000da)
error messsage was: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
Could not authenticate user user0%user0 with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO (0xc00000da)
error messsage was: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
Could not authenticate user user0 with challenge/response

Is there howto? :-)