[Samba] Real-time file synchronisation

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Sep 30 15:07:52 GMT 2004

>everyone run their software from the network share as to ensure consistency,
>but I hardly think a 300 MB application with 15 MB (!!) executables (about 8
>of them) is really suitable for being "deployed" in that fashion.

Try a 1.1GB app with the main executable being 131MB and run by 60+
users at once.  That really is the best way to run this particular app
(Pro/Engineer) as that way the config files all point to the same
license server and other important file paths.  If you ever have to run
around and fix it you either change it once and it just works or you
change it, script a push to all the clients, and then run around fixing
the ones that didn't work for some reason, which assumes the users have
permission to replace system executables.  I'll pick the network option
personally.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.

The information contained in this message is privileged and intended only for the recipient names. If the reader is not a representative of the intended recipient, any review, dissemination or copying of this message or the information it contains is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, and delete the original message and attachments.