[Samba] Re: Authenticateing DC's on an ldap backend... nobody knows how?

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Wed Sep 29 20:19:53 GMT 2004

>> access to dn.regex="^([^,]*,)?ou=[^,]+,(dc=[^,]+(,dc=[^,]+)*)$"
>>
>> attrs=lmPassword,ntPassword,sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword,userPassword
>>         by self write
>>         by dn.exact,expand="uid=Administrator,ou=People,$2" write
>>         by group="cn=Domain\ Controllers,ou=Group,$2" write
>>         by group="cn=Replicator,ou=Group,$2" write
>>         by anonymous auth
>>         by * none

Using commenting, I've narrowed it down to the first line above.

I also turned off all acls to test and see if Samba would be begin to
function properly with group authentication.  This did not work and
would seem to indicate that there is another problem contained in Samba
itself or the config.

I prefer to address the acl issue first. Unfortunately, I've not had
much practice with regular expressions.

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|