[Samba] Roaming Profiles:Samba PDC:WinXP:User must be local admin

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:56:06 GMT 2004

Okay, sorry, it *is* starting to get a bit muddy.

To clear it up:
If a domain user is added to the Administrators group on the client
(ie local) win xp mahine, then their is no problem.

If the user is *not* part of the local Administrators group then the
profile doesn't load properly.

So:
Domain: CIVILIZATION
samba PDC: BABYLON
Win XP client:  TROY
Domain user: Zach
Local user: local_user

If CILIVLIZATION\Zach is added to TROY\Administrators, then no problem.
If CILIVLIZATION\Zach is removed from TROY\Administrators, then
profile doesn't load properly, even if CILIVLIZATION\Zach is a member
of TROY\Power Users or TROY\Users, etc.  (This applies to other domain
users as well, not just Zach).
Further,
when TROY\local_user, logs on to TROY, then no problem, regardless of
group membership.

Hope this doesn't muddy things up further.

I know there are others out there exibiting this same problem.  Surely
there's someone who's seen it & solved it.

Thanks
Zach