[Samba] Roaming Profiles:Samba PDC:WinXP:User must be local admin

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:29:48 GMT 2004

Unfortunately I don't have access to the SAMBA PDC (or win xp clients)
right now.  However the machine I'm on (RH9) has samba 2.2.x.  I
looked up smb.conf on this machine and the man page for smb.conf isn't
explicit about where profile acls = yes should go.  However, it does
list profile acls under service parameters vs. global parameters.
Based on that, it seems like profile acls should not go under
[global].  However, I'll try anything so later today, I'll give it a
try and see if it works.

If anyone else following this thread gives it a try before then, let
us know how it works.  I'll post my smb.conf (as of last night) again
below.

[global]
netbios name = BABYLON
workgroup = CIVILIZATION
browseable = no
server string = Samba Server
log file = /var/log/samba/smbd.log
max log size = 50
security = user
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
unix password sync = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = \
		*password* %n\n \
		*password* %n\n \
		*successfully*
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
# Most people will find that this option gives better performance.
# See speed.txt and the manual pages for details
local master = yes
os level = 64
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes