[Samba] Problems compiling samba-3.0.7 on Redhat-7.2

Greg Ryan gregr at it.usyd.edu.au
Wed Sep 29 01:59:06 GMT 2004

Rahul

I saw your samba list posting on your RH9 experience with samba 3.0.7.
I found the same problem when dropping in the source of 3.0.7 in place of
3.0.6.

If you investigate the configure scripts, between the two releases, they
have changed things so that you now get

	 LDSHFLAGS="-shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic"

under 3.0.7, where under 3.0.6 it was

	LDSHFLAGS="-shared -Bsymbolic"

If you hack the scripts to make the LDSHFLAGS like that under 3.0.6,
then the build works quietly.  I think it is only the build of winbind
that is effected by this loader problem.

Any suggestions or further information on this change?